Progress has been slow.Partly because I’ve been moving code around so it makes more sense – more for my own piece of mind rather than anything else. However, I also have been aware that sizing images using the slider was painfully slow. This is because I was processing and cropping with every step. Now, the image is cropped and scaled live by nesting elements inside each other and scaling those. This gives a much faster result than before.
The other thing that has been bugging me with this was the UI for positioning images. Before, I was using sliders controlling the size of the images, and the gap between them. It seemed to me that, really, that should be a mouse drag operation, so I spent a fair amount of time finding out what was needed to make that happen, and get that working.
And, finally, yes, there are undos. Not for everything yet, but I’ve started adding that in. An undo requires you to give the application a route forward (ie the change the user is making), and a route back to the previous state. It sounds more complicated than it actually seems to be, but everything needs coding for, and it’s a bit of a faff to do. Maybe I’ll find that I can bunch a few of these operations into one in the future, but for now, it seems to be working well as it is.